Research & Development Activities
Instrument Design Development & Facilities Centre (IDDC), a R & D centre of HARTRON provide various facilities of development of optical/mechanical precision components, Subassemblies and Instruments, Testing and Calibration of scientific instruments, specialised skill training for manufacturing & quality maintenance of scientific instruments to Scientific Industry of Ambala and nearby region. The R & D centre is having major technical activities to facilitate industries in below detailed fields:
- Fabrication of precision optical components.
- Testing of optical parameters & optical instruments as per BIS Specifications for Optical Industries.
- Calibration of Optical Measuring Instruments.
- Skill training in fabrication & inspection of Optical Instruments.
- Skill training in the area of workshop manufacturing techniques, assembly and testing of Scientific Instrument Assemblies.
- Test & Calibration
- Testing of Electrical & Electronic product as per BIS/DGS&D specifications.
- Calibration of Electrical & Electronic instruments as per standard specification.
- Training to technical students in Test & Calibration of Instruments.
- Technical Training
- Skill training in the field of Basic Electrical & Electronics for better employment opportunities.
- Skill training to Defence personnel in the field of Electrical & Electronics through Directorate General of Resettled Armed Force, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Technical Entrepreneurship training in the field of electrical, electronic & opto-Mechanical Instrumentation.
- Commercial training in the field of Basic computer education.
- ENERGY BILL GENERATION for UHBVN and DHBVN :
Hartron is engaged in generation of energy bills for five circles of UHBVN ( Ambala, Karnal, Panipat, Kaithal & Sonepat ) with about 11 lakh consumers and all seven circles of DHBVN with 18 lakh consumers. The energy bills of various categories of consumers for Domestic /Non-Domestic, Industry and Agriculture etc are being generated. The energy bills for Domestic/Non-Domestic consumers are generated bi-monthly, Agriculture four monthly and other categories on monthly basis.
Further, To integrate the existing billing system with the proposed IT initiative of the State Government for providing better E-Governance services to the consumers and for effective & efficient management of the project at multiple locations, RDBMS based online energy billing application software has been implemented. The system can provide multiple advantages/benefits to the consumers, user agencies at various levels as briefly summarized below:
BENEFITS TO THE CONSUMERS
- Online view of power consumption & energy bills.
- Online view of payments made & pending dues.
- Making online payment through credit/debit cards & cash counters.
- Request for E-bill.
- SMS/Mail Alert for bill amount & payment due date.
- SMS/Mail Alert for payment received.
- SMS/Mail alert for defaulters.
- Printing of duplicate bills.
BENEFITS TO THE DISCOMs
- To provide better citizen centric services & complete transparency in the system.
- Complete automation of bill generation, payment collection, consolidation and MIS.
- Dynamic report generation based on multiple parameters.
- Resourceful study of the energy accountancy to the agencies.
- Category-wise data segregation facility for better revenue management.
- Data portability & inherit advantages of RDBMS.
- To review & manage the performance of any of the field office.
- Minimal dependency on external associated service providers.
ID DIVISION, HARTRON BHAWAN, PANCHKULA
The Corporation is a State Level Agency (SLA) for Election Department, Haryana and U.T., Chandigarh for all election related jobs i.e. Preparation of Elector’s PVC EPIC, Preparation of Photo Electoral Roll and maintenance of Electoral Roll database etc.
Corporation is also executing the job of scanning & digitization of legacy data of various departments for which the Corporation has set-up the Scanning & Digitization Management Center at Hartron Bhawan, Panchkula, IDDC, Ambala and Hartron Office, Gurgaon.
e-Office is being implemented in the State of Haryana and Hartron has been deputed as a Nodal Agency for the implementation of the same. For this, Hartron has already imparted training to 3408 employees and created Nodal Officer’s, Master Trainer’s & EMD Manager’s for twenty departments till 31.03.2019.
Hartron, on behalf of Department of Revenue & Disaster Management, Government of Haryana is in the process of Modernization of Revenue Records Rooms (MRRR) using latest innovative technologies at Tehsils, Sub-Tehsils & State HQs Chandigarh through a Service Provider. The process involves operation and maintenance of infrastructure to be installed at MRRR for physical storage of Revenue records at District HQs and its conversion and storage into digital format. The MRRR is to be set up in the existing renovated facility of Revenue Department, O/o Deputy Commissioner, Mini Secretariats at each of the 22 District Head Quarters (HQs)/ Tehsils/ Sub-Tehsils, Haryana New Secretariat & Haryana Civil Secretariat at State Head Quarter (SHQ) Chandigarh.
Further, Corporation has also set up a Call Centre under India BPO Promotion Scheme (IBPS) under Digital India Programme of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India with the following objectives:
(i) Creation of employment opportunities for the youth, by promoting the IT/ITES Industry particularly by setting up the BPO/ITES operations.
(ii) Promotion of investment in IT/ITES Sector in order to expand the base of IT Industry and secure balanced regional growth of IT Industry and secure balanced regional growth.
STPI has granted In-Principle Approval (IPA) to Hartron for rolling out BPO at Panchkula with a capacity of 100 seats. This call centre is catering to the needs of the citizens of Haryana under various Govt. schemes including “Antyodaya SARAL” initiative of the State Government.