Skills SectorsPrint Email
Sector Skill Councils are set up as autonomous industry-led bodies by NSDC. They create Occupational Standards and Qualification bodies, develop competency framework, conduct Train the Trainer Programs, conduct skill gap studies and Assess and Certify trainees on the curriculum aligned to National Occupational Standards developed by them.
Till date, the NSDC Board has approved proposals for 38 Sector Skill Councils. There are approximately 450 Corporate Representatives in the Governing Councils of these SSCs. The list of SSCs is given below.
The Ministry has been actively engaging with these SSCs.
· Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship under the Chairmanship of the Hon'ble MoS (I/C) held meetings with all the Sector Skill Council (SSC) in the months of December, 2014 and January, 2015 to integrate them into the National Agenda on Skilling.
· The Hon'ble MoS was also part of the Governing Councils meeting of 6 Sector Skill Councils viz. Beauty & Wellness, IT & ITeS, Telecom, Aviation & Aerospace, Rubber and Hospitality & Tourism Sector Skill Councils which were held over the last 3 months.
· The Ministry also organized meetings at the Joint Secretary level with the line Ministries of Sector Skill Councils like Capital Goods, Telecom, Mining, Shipping to align the activities of the SSC completely with these Ministries.
· The Ministry, along with NSDC and Sector Skill Councils, organized sectoral workshops on National Occupational Standards in February 2015.
· The Ministry has issued a notification that enables SSCs to join the list of non-statutory bodies which issue nationally recognised skills certificates
1. Agriculture Sector Skill Council of India
2. Automotive Skills Development Council
3. Beauty & Wellness Sector Skill Council
4. BFSI Sector Skill Council of India
5. Capital Goods Skill Council
6. Construction Skill Development Council of India
7. Electronic Sector Skill Council
8. Gem and Jewellery Skill Council of India
9. Healthcare Sector Skill Council
10. Indian Plumbing Skills Council
11. IT/ ITes Sector Skills Council
12. Leather Sector Skill Council
13. Media and Entertainment Skill Council
14. Retailer Association’s Skills Council of India
15. Rubber Skill Development Council
16. Security Sector Skill Council of India
17. Telecom Sector Skill Council
6. NATIONAL URBAN LIVELIHOOD MISSION
7. NATIONA RURAL LIVELIHOOD MISSION
8. NATIONAL RURAL-URBAN LIVELIHOOD MISSION