- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 04:58
HARTRON is engaged in generation of energy bills for four circles of UHBVN namely Ambala, Karnal, Panipat & Sonepat with about 8.25 lacs consumers and six circles of DHBVN namely Gurgaon, Faridabad, Narnaul, Bhiwani, Hisar & Sirsa with about 23 lacs consumers. The energy bills of various categories of consumers for Domestic/Non-Domestic, Industry. Agriculture etc. are being generated. The energy bills for Domestic/Non-Domestic consumers are generated bi-monthly and of other categories on monthly bases.
Further, to integrate the existing billing system with the proposed IT initiative of the State Govt. for providing better e-governance services to the consumers and for Effective & Efficient management of the project at multiple locations, RDBMS based online energy billing application software has been implemented for UHBVN and the same is also under consideration for DHBVN. This system shall provide multiple advantages/benefits to the consumers, user agencies at various levels as briefly summarized below:-
Benefits to the Consumers
- Online view of power consumption & energy bills.
- Online view of payments made & pending dues.
- Making online payments through credit/debit cards & cash counters.
- Request for E-Bill.
- SMS/Mail alert for bill amount & payment due date.
- SMS/Mail alert for payments received.
- SMS/Mail alert for defaulters.
- Printing of duplicate bills.
Benefits to the User Agencies (UHBVN/DHBVN)
- To provide better citizen centric services & complete transparency in the system.
- Complete automation of bill generation, payment collection, consolidation and MIS.
- Online access to the whole database from any location.
- Dynamic report generation based on multiple parameters.
- Effective & efficient study of the energy accountancy to the agencies.
- Category wise data segregation facility for better revenue management.
- Better management of electricity distribution/supply.
- Data portability & inherit advantages of RDBMS.
- To Study & Analyze complete online billing database for optimal utilization of the resources.
- To review & manage the performance of any of the field office.
- Minimal dependency on external associated service providers.