- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 08:38
The centre has been recognized as R&D laboratory and test centre by Department of Science and Technology, National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration of Laboratories (NABL) and Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) Govt. of India.
The other two R&D centres of HARTRON at Gurgaon namely Electronic Research Development & Facilities Centre (ERDC) & Precision Mechanical Design and Facilities Centre (PMDF) were synergized with various activities of IDDC in 2004.
The IDDC-ERDC centre provides the following facilities in the field of Optics, Opto-Mechanical, Opto-Electrical and Electronics:
- Design & Development.
- Test/Calibration and Certification.
- Production aids/ facilities and support services like vacuum coating, optical workshop etc.
- Technical Training being funded/sponsored by DSIR, Department of science and technology Govt. of India including Norwegian Agency for International Development (NORAD).
- TePP programme for techno- entrepreneurs.
- Electronics & Medical instruments servicing.
- Mechanical workshop.
The centre has developed various important substitute precision optical components - Avionics Optics for Jaguar, MIG 23 & MIG 27 (Klen Glass) fighter aircrafts as per specifications laid down by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Nasik and Korwa. Precision components for laser range finder, telescope sub assemblies and electronic sub assemblies for tanks, binoculars and rifle sights have also been supplied by the centre.
It is also executing commercial projects of energy bills generation & electoral photo identity card preparation for HARTRON. The centre also assists HARTRON in IT related projects like SWAN, IT education for SC/ST students in Govt. colleges and women empowerment projects.