- The State Government vide notification dated 29th October, 2009 introduced the State Eligibility Test in Computer Appreciation & Applications (SETC) for recruitment to the posts of Data Entry Operators, Office Associates, Clerks, Clerks-cum-Steno-Typist, Clerk-cum-Computer Operators etc.
- The Department of Electronics & Information Technology, Haryana assigned the conduct of test to HARTRON.
- HARTRON conducted first test in the month of May, 2010 and since then 13 tests were conducted for State Government employees and 5 tests for general public.
- The software being used for conduct of test for deployment of Computer Professionals was modified and used for the conduct of the SETC test.
- The test was conducted in the month of February, 2012 regularly for applications received as the Police Department, Haryana had advertised the posts of Constables.
- The State Government made the test essential for promotional posts also and few of the Departments have requested for conduct of test. The test for about 20 candidates is to be conducted.