HARTRON Multi Skill Development Centre (HMSDC), Gurugram
- To foster the culture of Digital India and Start-up India mission of the Government, Hartron under the aegis of DITECH, Government of Haryana has established an eco system in the form of a Hub namely HARTRON Multi Skill Development Centre (HMSDC) while linking academia, industry, Government & Citizens to address different challenges through disruptive technologies and skilling the youth to be future ready while working with startups.
- “Hartron Innovation and Start-up Hub” was inaugurated by Hon’ble CM of Haryana on 13th April 2018 at HMSDC, Gurugram which is incubating Startups with Industrial partners like
- NASSCOM under their Nasscom 10000 startup ware house programme (http://10000startups.com/) and
- IAMAI under their Mobile 10X programme (http://www.mobile10x.in/hub/mobile-10x-hub-gurugram)
- NASSCOM under their CoE-IoT programme
- A world-class shared infrastructure for 200 Start-ups has been established for technology start-ups to operate till they achieve self-sufficiency. Facilities like Conference room with Video conferencing, Event room, common sitting space and other facilities are also being offered to the Start-ups in the Hub.
- Start-ups incubated in the Hub are working on different new age technologies which are bound to bring changes in the life of citizens through socio-economic impact, boost economy of the State and trigger employment generation for the youth.
- The Hub is acting as a one-stop shop for all app-related requirements where Start-ups, entrepreneurs and developers can incubate, train, test and design their Apps in a collaborative approach.
- The CoE for IoT will trigger innovation & entrepreneurship in the field of emerging technologies such as IoT, Robotics, Machine Learning, AR/VR, Drones, Artificial Intelligence and looking into the needs of Industry 4.0, etc. High end labs have been created in these domains to aid development & validation of solutions in the field of Health, Agriculture, water, transportation, energy, environment etc from design to prototyping in collaboration with Government, Industry & Academia.
- Under skill mission, HMSDC Gurugram has trained more than 4000 persons including Village level entrepreneurs, students from ITI etc under different skill enhancement training programmes. Hartron has also adopted the noble cause of providing placement based skill education to women, children and youth belonging to special ability (PWD) of society through Sarthak Education Trust for their employability and enabling them to live their life with dignity and respect. Hartron is supporting this mission through its CSR. http://hartron.org.in/?page_id=835
Prestigious Projects under establishment
- United Nations Technology Innovation Lab (UNTIL)
United Nation Technology Innovation Lab (UNTIL) is under establishment at HMSDC, Gurugram. The goal of the UN Technology Innovation Labs is to function as a start-up environment and create a platform for collaborative problem solving between UN resources, Private sector, Academia and Civil Society. Each Lab will facilitate linking this platform with innovators and mentors from across the globe as well as to facilitate the global exchange of ideas and resource. UNTIL aims to develop partnership with Government, private sector, civil society, academia and donors in order to work together to discover, fund & scale innovative solutions and business models to form a coherent and inclusive approach to eradicating poverty and ensuring sustainable development. For details https://until.un.org/content/until-lab-locations
- CSC Academy:
A national level CSC Academy (http://www.cscacademy.org/) is under establishment at HMSDC Gurugram. CSC Academy aims to foster the capability and development of the learners, especially the Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLE’s) and functionaries of other stakeholders of the Common Services Centre scheme through extensive use of information and communication technologies, teaching, delivering of specialized courses/training programs.
CSC Academy ensures ubiquitous reach of training services and community development programs (Skill, health, housing, education, financial services, etc), to promote entrepreneurship among the rural masses in India.
The Mission of the CSC Academy is to provide skill based training to the VLEs and the masses in rural India with the intent to expand, enhance & diversify the learner’s business and to increase their market share, employment and to provide professional qualification which can add value to self & community also. The vision is to reach out to rural learners and support them in promoting digital entrepreneurship and financial inclusion.
- Finishing school specialized labs in the field : Robotics, 3D Printing, Fibre Optics and other disruptive technologies:
Finishing school labs have been envisaged to be established at HMSDC Gurugram keeping in mind the capacity building ( Faculty/ students) and enhancing skills. These specialized labs will be collocated within the Hartron Hub and will be an integral part of States’ eco-system.
- Creation of incubation Centres in state Universities:
The Incubation centres in Universities have been aimed to bring academia on-board benefit to promote the start-up eco system in general and students/ faculty of the respective Universities in particular for creating future ready human resources. With the initiation of activities at the Hub at Gurugram, plans are afoot to link the University incubators under Hub and Spoke model for creating startup culture also at T2/T3 cities . Incubators are proposed to be set up in all the Universities of the State in phases with industry inclusion on specific areas relevant to the state’s social economic growth.
Intellectual Property (IP) value cell and faculty training under state’s IT & ESDM policy 2017 is also planned to be set up at HMSDC, Gurugram to facilitate the Startups in IPR’s.